MFK Summer Skill Boosters
Add EASE to the math you’ll have to do in the fall. When you take a break from skills that aren’t safely “in the bag”, you will lose some progress on them. It’s just the way the brain works. If you’re a kid, and you don’t know this is how your brain works, you may think there’s something wrong with you when your class does the inevitable math review in the fall. Things will look familiar, like you should know them. And if you don’t, then you feel bad. No fun.
In these Skill Boosters, I will be your guide, your coach, and together we will coax out the math wiz in you. As your coach, I will:
a. Customize a learning experience for you that will have you practicing the Most Important math skills that are in your sweet spot.
b. Share some tips about how your brain works so that when you don’t have a skill at the ready, you know why, and you know the simple thing (starts with a “P”) it takes to get it there.
- Offered most weeks throughout summer
- First camp starts Mon June 4, last camp starts Mon Aug 5 (no camp week of July 4th)
- Each camp lasts one week and is Mon- Thu, from 1-2:30 pm.
MFK Headquarters in Hyde Park (central Austin)
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Skill Booster Camps are for students, 4th grade rising through college-bound, who want to start the fall with more confidence in math. You can read all about my practice-method, and how it’s different from tutoring, over at my blog. These camps are a great way to sample it first-hand!
- This is a great way to sample my practice-method (It works. If you think you’re bad at math, it probably means you just haven’t been shown how to practice it.)
- Students needn’t be at the same level in order to attend the same camp. So bring a friend! Or a sibling!
- Parents can even do it! (It’s fun- trust me- better than Lumosity.) *Ask me about family discounts.
- The earlybird price is $300 per week and is good if you sign up, choose your week, and pay by Fri 5/3. Price after 5/3 goes up to $350.
- Early Enrollment opens Monday 4/15 and ends Fri 5/3.
- Regular Enrollment continues through Thu 5/30, or whenever camps fill up, whichever happens first. Registration for all camps closes Thu 5/30.
- Camps are capped at 3 students, so each student gets customized one-on- one coaching in this unique practice method.
- Do as many as you want! Each camp is customized so if you do a second, or a third,… we’ll just build on what we did in the first! More practice and more exposure over time means more skill-stickage in your brain
NEXT STEPS (Do one or two or all three!):
1. Call me! 512-284-3070. I’m a real live human! Who loves to talk about my method! And I will be completely honest with you about whether or not I think it’s a good fit for your particular situation. I am not a huge tutoring company trying to get high volume. I only want you here if I genuinely believe you can get HUGE VALUE from it. That’s what makes it fun for me. (It is seriously makes me over-the-moon happy.)
2. Come to a Math Number Talk. These are free, no-strings-attached ways to learn about my method and to get a FREE Math Number Assessment ($250 value). It’s also a great way to meet me and just feel it out! It’s not always easy to know with a service what you’re getting for your time and money investment. I like to give people easy and free ways to learn more about me and my style before committing to anything. Learn more about Math Number Talk and Assessments here.
3. Pick a week (or weeks!) and Sign Up! Call me if you’re ready: 512-284-3070
Thanks, hope to see you!