Registration for Summer Skill Boosters is now closed unless you’ve already been in touch with me.
BUT you can still keep your math chops up over the summer with Math For Keeps. Contact me about other program options: 512-284-3070, or sign up for our free weekly events to learn more.
MFK Summer Skill Boosters
Add EASE to the math you’ll have to do in the fall. When you take a break from skills that aren’t safely “in the bag”, you will lose some progress on them. It’s just the way the brain works. If you’re a kid, and you don’t know this is how your brain works, you may think there’s something wrong with you when your class does the inevitable math review in the fall. Things will look familiar, like you should know them. And if you don’t, then you feel bad. No fun.
In these Skill Boosters, we will:
a) Give your brain some exposure to a few Most Important math skills, so they’re closer to being in the bag. AND
b) Share some tips about how your brain works so that when you don’t have a skill at the ready, you know why, and you know the simple thing (starts with a “P”) it takes to get it there.
• Most weeks throughout summer.
• First camp starts Mon Jun 12, last camp starts Mon Aug 7 (no camp week of July 4th) NOTE: Summer Camps registration is now closed but contact me for additional summer options!
• Each camp lasts one week and is Mon- Thu, from 1-2:30 pm.
MFK Headquarters in Hyde Park (central Austin)
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Skill Booster Camps are for students, 4th grade rising through college-bound, who want to start the fall with more confidence in math. You can read all about my practice-method, and how it’s different from tutoring, over at my blog. These camps are a great way to sample it first-hand!
OTHER FUN DETAILS
• This is a great way to sample my practice-method (It works. If you think you’re bad at math, it probably means you just haven’t been shown how to practice it.)
• Students needn’t be at the same level in order to attend the same camp. So bring a friend! Or a sibling!
• Price is $350 per week. Registration ends Wed 6/7 (or sooner, if the camps fill up)
• Camps are capped at 3 students, so each student gets customized one-on- one coaching in this unique practice method.
• Come get a free assessment! Sign up here.
• Contact me if you have any questions, or want to find out more about my program: Lacie 512-284-3070 or firstname.lastname@example.org (texting fine too!)
• Contact Emily if you’re ready to sign up! 409-599-4840 or email@example.com (texting also fine!)
All participants will get a free abridged Math For Keeps assessment on their first day of camp. However, I encourage everyone—whether you know yet if you want to do a camp or not—to come get a more thorough assessment ahead of time. My assessment rules. Click here to sign up for the more thorough one.
Thanks, hope to see you!